Xbench is a regular, free program only available for Mac, being part of the category Utilities with subcategory Analisers & Optimizers.
More about Xbench
This software is available for users with the operating system Mac OS X and previous versions, and you can download it only in English. The software version is 1.3 and it has been updated on 8/14/2006.
Since we added this program to our catalog in 2006, it has already reached 51,128 downloads, and last week it gained 3 downloads.
About the download, Xbench is a not that heavy program that doesn't need as much storage than most programs in the section Utilities. It's very heavily used in some countries such as Taiwan, Province Of China, and China.
- Corrected a mistake that caused the altivec test to be turned off on PowerPC machines
- Turned off coalesced graphics updates for all platforms on Mac OS 10.4.4 and higher
- Switched compiler to GCC 4.0 on PowerPC. This provides some boost to floating point and AltiVec scores, and these have been recalibrated accordingly. This also raises Xbench's system requirements to 10.3.9 or higher.
- Revised machine database to include the MacBook, Intel iMac and several other models
- Added code to dynamically load machine database on launch from the Xbench website
- Added support for temporarily turning off beam sync on Tiger while running graphics tests
- Fixed an issue that causes Xbench to fail to launch on Leopard
- Built with Xcode 2.4